Friday, August 27, 2021

Hello? Is this thing on?

HELLO FRIENDS! I know it's been forever since I visited my own blog or even those of the brilliant bloggers I used to read with any regularity. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission, though, amirite?

Here's the thing. I got lazy. Then the globe got shut down by a pandemic, and I was stuck in front of my computer with no inspiration (sound familiar?). Then I saw a meme that hit home - I just went looking for the image, which took me down a long rabbit hole, thanks, Google - "This ends in Death or Divorce". (I didn't find the meme, and I absolutely do not encourage you to search for it either)... and so, to avoid that ending of the pandemic for me, at least, I dove headfirst into online training. I was going to do everything possible to move my acting career forward!

I spent a good bit of money and time. Almost every class I invested in started with a freebie - a one-or two-day webinar that "wet my whistle", so to speak. Not every free webinar was worthless, although most were 100% a sales pitch. Some of the classes I paid for were worthless!

But joy of joys, I hit the jackpot when I found the free webinar series from David H. Lawrence XVII on Voiceover from Home. I got so much good info from the freebie, I enrolled in the yearlong curriculum and joined his merry tribe of VOHeroes. And once I had absorbed enough information to get started, I found an Amazon/Kindle author who wanted to turn his collection of e-books into audiobooks on Audible. I've been working with him since that humble beginning, and we are currently in BOOK #19! I can honestly say that without the VOHeroes free webinar, I wouldn't have found the paid curriculum, and I'd have suffered my way through COVID-19 cabin fever, and I'd probably be significantly less stable right now, both financially and mentally.

Not to suggest that DHLXVII (as I like to call David) saved my life, or anything. But I can say with absolute certainty that the course of my life was changed for the better when his webinar found me.

Do you, or does someone you know, have an interest in Voice Acting? Maybe you'd like to read audiobooks, like I do. Maybe you'd like to be a cartoon character. Maybe you'd like to be the "fast-talking legalese expert" at the end of car and drug commercials. Maybe you'd like to be the guy or gal who says "for English, Press 1". Maybe you have one of these, or other VO interests, but you Just Don't Know how to get started. I can help you with that. It's time for the annual free webinar series! 

I love David and the VOHeroes curriculum and platform so much that he's made me an "affiliate partner" to promote the free webinar series. Click Here to gain access to the five free, FULLY-LOADED webinars called "Mastering Home-Based Voice Over". The first lesson dropped yesterday at 10 a.m., and includes a Q&A covering questions asked by early registrants. It's SOOOO good! Access the video, take notes during it, add your questions in the comments section following the video, and then David will answer them in the next video.

The videos drop every other day over the course of nine days, so watch them when you can (you don't have to try to watch them "live" at 10 a.m. PST). Seriously, if you want to get started in VO, or you just want to get better at VO, you don't want to miss this five-video series. Did I mention it's FREE?

I know it's probably shitty of me to be gone so long and then come back all "sales pitchy". I'm sorry about that. Please forgive me. I really have been super busy, and in the coming days, I hope to be able to fill you in on all of that stuff. In the meantime, though, I didn't want you to miss out on this free webinar series if you have interest.

So, a question for you, as I used to always try to ask something at the ends of my posts: How have you been surviving the pandemic?

4 comments:

  1. Holy shit snacks! You're alive! Good to hear from you. It's funny your first post is about VO work. I wrote and published a book while you were gone and just worked with a VO artist to turn it into an audiobook for Audible. I went through ACX. Do you work through there too? To answer your question, we survived the pandemic by transitioning to a full time RV life and living mostly by ourselves. Big changes since you've been gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that "you're alive!" response. THANK you for looking for me, wondering where the fuck I'd wandered off to, and for commenting. YES, I'm working through ACX... that'll be covered or touched-on in my next few blog posts, which I will ABSOLUTELY not wait Two Fucking Years to post, LOL!

      I sometimes tinker with RV life... but I like having an address with a permanent bathtub and mailbox! I would totally rent one, maybe, when my life would allow me to roam the country as a "long-term" vacation where I could still continue my work. Yeah, I realize that's totally doable as a VO actor/producer.

      Delete
  2. Dude! Da fuq you been???? Super nice to hear from you FFS. ~Linda (Half a 1000 Miles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you so much for reading my return! Have YOU returned to blogging? Now that I'm caught up (I answered your question in the next post after this, just published), I can get back to my READING. It looks like ====> you haven't posted in FOUR years, so I guess my TWO year absence isn't breaking any records!

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.