Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday Fictioneers - E48 South Main

My thanks, as always, to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for hosting.
PHOTO PROMPT © C.E. Ayr
Friday Fictioneers - E48 South Main - 100 words

I loved these shoes. They looked cool, and they hadn't cost me a cent, handed down from a friend who always spent good money on good clothing. When she was finished with something, she'd give it away to a similarly-sized friend who loved hand-me-downs.

Lucky me!

But this pair developed a squeak, and I couldn't for my life find the source of the squeak. They were such fun to wear, except for that squeak. Clearly, I had to find a similarly-sized new friend out on the street! (I hadn't noticed that pegleg when we met at her cardboard box; hmm... )


2 comments:

  1. What a fun link up!!!! Great story, such a shame there was a squeak :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly. I actually missed the deadline for this linkup (it was the previous week's photo prompt). And while I caught THIS week's photo prompt in time to linkup, I just didn't like the "story" the photo "inspired" for me, so I never completed it. I'll check back in a few days to see if I like the next photo prompting better.

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.