Tuesday, October 6, 2015

So I got to be on set again yesterday

I was booked as two "different" characters, hotel guest and member of the golfing party, although I'm really not sure why they needed a golfing party for the scene. But then again, I didn't get to read the script, since I just had to look like a golfer. So whatevs.

I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning (yes, once again seeing Dawn's Tramp Stamp) so I could get to the studio in time for my 6 a.m. call time, so there was no way I was eating breakfast at home.
This was breakfast on set. Black beans and a chicken/potato mix in salsa verde. Tasty. Hearty.
NOT what I have ever had for breakfast before!
 Then we did a little work, shooting a scene or two, and then they allowed us to go back to Craft Services for a "snack". This was not meant to be LUNCH, people! We'll make you go buy your lunch somewhere else off the premises, when we break for lunch! This is to be a SNACK! (Yeah, right).
By the time I made it through the line, there was one chicken kabob left, so I took it, along with some delicious curry chicken salad, fantastic hummus, a great stuffed grape leaf, very green giant unpitted olive, and jasmine rice. YUM. I shared the kabob with another bg player, who I'd seen look over the selections available and declined to get anything.
 After our one-hour "walkaway" lunch, we came back and changed our clothes a few times so we could go show up on camera. I did not take a pic of me in my second outfit, because it's just basic stuff - camisole top and straight skirt. Although I would have liked to take home the great shoes I had to borrow from wardrobe. Strappy Calvin Klein stiletto sandal in a metallic tone; not quite silver, gold, or copper, but very cool looking, with wide straps for comfort (or at least it seemed that they were more comfortable because of the straps). No, I didn't even snap a pic of the shoes. :/
No, I am NOT a golfer, although I play one on t.v.
By the evening snack break, I was not at all hungry for anything. So when I ventured over to Crafty to see what I'd missed out on, all that was left was some not-very-creamy beef stroganoff (and I HATE mushrooms) and some veggies and tofu in some kind of tomato-based broth (and I'm AFRAID of tofu). The dish that had once held turkey lasagna looked as though it had been scraped clean with hungry fingers. That's what I would have had, had I been hungry for anything. 
Good thing I wasn't hungry.

In the end, it was a long, fairly fun day, with a little B.S. thrown in. I made it home in time to eat some of Stephen's good beef-n-veggie soup, and we watched a little telly while consuming wine-n-chocolate. Yesterday's work will bring a fat paycheck, and I have recovered from my lack of sleep by now, thankfully. Nothing booked for today, so I'm just chillin'; gonna run some errands in a bit and then prep for my early day back at Warner Bros. tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.