Thursday, October 12, 2017

Welcome Back, (me)!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I know. I'm certainly not a blogger lately. And not really because I haven't had stuff to say. Just laziness, I guess. Or busy-ness. Or lazy business. #HashtagWTF?

So let's go back a teensy bit. Upon our return from Idaho, I mentioned I was applying at the pet supply retail chain. You've been sitting on pins and needles, haven't you? #DidSheGetTheJob or #IsSheNowJustTooFamousToBlogAnymore? Right?

I got the job!

I work Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I mostly work eight-hour shifts, which is not normal for part-timers, at least at this particular company. I am great on the register, I am great with cat people, I am pretty good with dog people, and I'm really proud of the fact that, on a case-by-case basis, I seem to no longer fear dogs.

Wait, what? You were afraid of dogs up until the point you started working in pet supply retail?

Yes, kids, I have had a lifelong FEAR of dogs, in general. Growing up, at some point, Inner Hippie adopted a smallish (catlike) dog named Muffin. I wasn't afraid of Muffin, per se. But we had something of an understanding. We were not each other's Chosen One.

what a beauty, eh?
I've always been a Cat Person. When my roommate moved back to Minnesota without rehoming her cat, Miles, I kept him. We got along okay, but again, we were not each other's Chosen One. So when Cocoa and Smokey barged into my life, I found Miles another human to Choose. He DID, and now all parties are living better lives for it.

Chosen Ones



But I digress. I was always a Cat Person with a fear of DOGS. I got hired for my part-time pet supply gig, and I interact with Just About Every dog that comes into the store. And I love them all, even the ones that really couldn't care less about me. I do not love all of their people. Some people, even pet people, really suck.


Ennyhoo. I've been working weekends, and I'm approaching my 60-day review. WOW. And I've also booked a day or two of on-set work each week, except for the occasional week with zero days, in that time, and I've done some volunteering and been to a workshop or screening or two.

So hopefully, soonish, I'll review some things I've seen in the past coupla, and I'll get caught up on the blogs I read, and I'll stay caught up on blogging, too.

Didja miss me? What have YOU been up to? *If your blog is listed HERE>>>
then you don't gotta tell me \/ HERE \/ (so tell me that you missed me, instead) #wink*

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Boo! That's a good way to put it. I have a dog I don't love. They are not my Chosen One. Yeah, I said it. My husband's dog love love more than makes up for my less-than-over-the-top-love. I thought I was a dog person, but I have friends and relatives that have dogs that drive me crazy. (I do have one I love). I don't know how they deal, because their dogs would so subtract, instead of add to my life. And the fact that I need Capstar right now further puts one of my dogs on my shit list :) Now, you should know what that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squeeee! Linda commented first on my much-delayed return!

      I do not know what Capstar is, though, m'dear, so possibly an explanation of sorts? Or, should I do the thing I hate more than anything? #HereLetMeGoogleThatForYa ;)

      Delete
    2. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=capstar

      Delete
    3. Cheryl, you little shit. ;) :P Thank you for informing me in such a passive aggressive way!

      No, the reason I didn't know what Capstar is, is because we don't carry it. Our pet supply chain is tres boutique! Ooh, la la! Sorry you need it, Linda. :(

      Delete
  2. Looks like we have been simpatico on the absence and return to the blogosphere. You know why but if you want the details, I finally posted about it over there ======>

    WARNING! It's a long one. I'm trying to get caught back up on my blog reading and I feel like it's going to take me forever!

    Anyway, glad you're absence translates to good things happening for you in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing pretty well, backtracking through the "older" posts, but I see I've fallen behind again. The blessing and curse of "getting to work"!

      Keep at it, as I am, and we'll both catch up, eventually. Or we'll keep at it, at least. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.