Friday, December 13, 2013

Day One

I'm sorta geeky.

I like Star Trek (The Next Gen, mostly) and I "follow" folks like Wil Wheaton (and his wife Anne) and George Takei.  I like comic book and superhero movies but don't "follow" anyone affiliated with them.  I read other blogs like Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess and It Just Gets Stranger, and I also visit a couple of comic-based sites: Scott Meyer's Basic Instructions, which led me to his wife Missy, and then she started http://holidaydoodles.com/.  I'm not particularly nerdy about technology - I can find my way around hardware or software but don't have inclinations towards "the latest and greatest" nor towards BUILDING things like websites.  I'm a bit of a Luddite in my attitude towards iAnything; maybe I'm a "control freak" when it comes to things that are proprietary.  I don't tweet.  I'm not on LinkedIn.  I can spend a day and a night my LIFE in Facebook but play none of the games there. 

I DO like building things with my hands and power tools, but I also like letting my nails grow out, which doesn't really happen if you're working with lumber and pointy things (neither of these qualities relate to my geekiness but I mentioned building and it reminded me of the other dichotomies of my psyche).  I cut my own hair, and then I get professional headshots so my agent can submit me for principal acting work, and then my hair grows because I'm letting it, and the headshots no longer reflect how I look.  I want to be working in the entertainment industry (my fave place in the WORLD is "on set") but in any position that would rather have a current snapshot than a professional headshot, or, even better, no photo at all (voice acting or Script Supervision).

I'm not sure how today's going to go, and that's okay.  I'm in the middle (well, first week) of a 30-day Ab Challenge that is already kickin' me... in the ABS, and I haven't yet done TODAY's workout.  We'll see if I can "get 'er done" in one sitting or if I have to spread it out over the course of today (I should at least go TRY to start).  I'm in the middle of daily attempt to follow Coach Jim Valvano's last advice: Laugh, Think, and Cry every day to have a full day.  I'm in the middle of trying to "repair" my husband's computer issues.  I'm in the middle of a bout of unemployment and cold weather in a location that isn't even REMOTELY my preference.  I'm in the middle of stuff, and today is Friday (the 13th, ooh, scary), and I don't know what I'll manage to COMPLETE today, or if I'll just blow off everything and play Mahjongg until my eyes bleed.

I suppose this is sufficient for an intro to blogging.  Let's see what comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.