Thursday, December 28, 2017

Mommy's Birthday

I went adventuring with my boss/friend again yesterday, and I *had* to buy these
new bowls
, because reasons. Since #NewGearIsDirtyGear, Stephen loaded them into the dishwasher today and ran it. Once everything was clean and dry, my task was to find space in our cabinets for them.
I managed.
They're going to be great. We're both looking forward to eating cereal, soup, and salad from them.

But all day, I've been reminded that it's Mommy's Birthday, and I have things to do to distract me from my grief, and also things to do BECAUSE it happens to be the 28th. Ya see, I cracked my laptop screen... I tried to get the Geek Squad to fix it for me, because #WarrantyMaybe? but they would've had my system for at least a week before they'd even know if HP would cover any part of it, and then another 2-3 weeks to fix it.

*A Month Is A Long Time Without A Computer, Yo*


So I've been using the monitor from my old desktop, and it's worked not too badly. But today is Mommy's Birthday. It's also the last day of any warranty coverage on my HP laptop. So I have to go to Fry's to see if I can purchase and install a new LCD Display (screen?), or else take it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and be without for a month, in the hopes that HP will, in fact, cover some of the repair/replace.

It's already almost 5 o'clock. I gotta get outta here!

UPDATE: Fry's can't sell me the part I need. Dude estimated it'd cost anywhere from 100 - 800 bux online! #WhatTheWhat? So I'll continue using HDMI cables.
Too meta? Or just too big? Blogging via tv?


Happy Mommy's Birthday, everyone who remembers Mommy and commemorates it.

2 comments:

  1. Brian has been using our 55" SmartTV as his computer monitor for about 5 years now and will continue to do so until it dies. A TV as a computer monitor is a fine idea - every time. Don't waste your money if you already have something at hand that you can use. Just my humble opinion. Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's all well-and-good to use the small monitor at home when Stephen's also here, or even the big screen if he's not. But for *some* of my industry work (non-acting), the laptop is part of the equipment that I use to do the job... meaning, it's portable if the laptop screen works, not so much if it doesn't. Not that I've booked a single Scripty gig all year. :/

      I'll continue using it this way, but I'll probably end up getting a tablet or something else Very Portable for industry stuff. I'd just need to get one before I book that type of gig!

      Love ya back! :)

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.