Friday, December 22, 2017

The things I'll do for you... sheesh

I sincerely hope that you're supremely #Grateful to me. I just saved you two hours of your life (or 4, if you were planning on seeing The Room before you see The Disaster Artist). I just streamed the latter. It was gawd-awful. I've heard The Room is worse. I'm not going to watch it to find out. The Disaster Artist is essentially a biopic about Tommy Wiseau, the producer/director/writer/"star" of The Room. James Franco portrays him pretty closely to the real deal. He was very annoying for me to watch and listen to, and multiple times in my screening, I was ready to turn it all off and opt for Three Billboards or The Shape of Water instead.

But I know Stephen wants to watch both of those, and that he does NOT want to watch The Disaster. So I watched it alone. For him. For YOU. You're welcome.

Save your money or spend it on a movie you WANT to see. Spend it on something that won't drain two hours of your valuable life away. Really. I'm not kidding.

*I did watch the credits, to wonder why so many big names wanted to participate in this shlock. There were a lot of big names attached. Tommy Wiseau was also given a part, but I didn't see him. I let the credits roll and came over to this page, only returning when I heard his actual voice. He's in an Easter Egg scene at the very end of the movie. He's really horrible, but I guess Franco is a fan, and offered him the part. He's playing a character, while Franco plays him.

The end credits and that closing scene are NOT WORTH sitting through the entire movie for! Don't do it! I'm not kidding!

Or did you already see it, and love it, somehow? I don't care. If you want to write a five-star review, go ahead and do it on your own blog. This is my blog, and I give this film five poop emojis.

6 comments:

  1. Well i was considering going to see the disaster artist since I've become a fan of James Franco after watching the deuce and reading a few reviews of the movie. But i will probably save my money..❄🎅🎄🎁⭐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what i have read about the shape of water it sounds like something i would really like...

      Delete
    2. I'll let you know, when we get around to watching it!

      Delete
  2. I, too, struggled to keep my seat through the film. It is not a bad film but because its subjects are excruciatingly misguided filmmakers even a well made film about this makes me cringe. Often I find bad films to be instructive (I recently watched Tobe Hooper's LIFEFORCE) and watchable. I'm not sure where the borderline is between nauseating and hilarious. To THE DISASTER ARTIST's credit, the cameos were fun to spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Living in Oblivion; just couldn't even with Disaster. Haven't seen Lifeforce.

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.