Monday, December 18, 2017

ANOTHER test FAILED

Since I read a bunch of other blogs, I have an account with WordPress. I never created a blog there, because, back in the day when I was an admin at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio, I had to maintain the business blog on a weekly/semi-weekly basis, and since it's a WordPress account, I had to learn my way around. I hated it. Like, that was one of my dreaded tasks. I managed to do it, but it never was any fun. So here we are, in blogspot, which is part of the Google realm.

But after my multiple vlog-attempt failures and my uploading of just audio failure the other day, I thought, "what if WordPress will 'host' my media, and I could just link it here?"... so I created a free WordPress site to host my media.

... except WordPress won't host audio or video for free. It's eight bucks a month for me to have a page to hold all of that crap. I'm not at the point where I'm ready to pay a monthly fee just to make my crap accessible to the world. Once I've figured out how to get a VO agent and/or a home studio and/or self-promote (#RunAwayRunAway), then I'm sure I'll be forking over a reasonable monthly fee to do just that.

For now, it'll just have to be the written word on the page.

Unless you have another suggestion for me?

6 comments:

  1. Blogspot is so much harder to comment on. When I got my new name, it took sooooooo many tries to sign in. It's the only thing I don't like about it. But, *wipes brow*, I persevered for my Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried to change my blogger profile. This one is connected to my gmail account, so it was really simple for me to set up (both the account and the blog). It does have its limitations, though, clearly. I can't seem to get it to take any of my videos or audio, so...

      Delete
  2. Ha! See! It took my old name. Damn, I don't even know how to comment as me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but... but... but... you ARE my halfa! that IS you!

      Delete
  3. Not sure what techniques you have tried, but I'll make videos, upload them to YouTube, and them embed them in my Wordpress posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a YouTube site. Are videos automatically "public" there? That's the impression I'm under, which is why I don't have a YouTube site.

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.