Monday, September 21, 2015

Hard-hitting (?) questions for Brian Wilson

"When some loud braggart tries to put me down and says his school is great,
"I tell him right away, 'Now what's the matter, buddy, ain't you heard of my school? It's number one in the state.' (Hey hey take it away, let's call it a fight)
"So be true to your school now (Rah rah rah rah sis boom bah), just like you're true to your girl or guy."

Isn't the "loud braggart" just doing exactly what you're instructing, Brian? Isn't he just being true to his school? How is he trying to put YOU down by saying that his school is great?

And by claiming that YOUR school is "number one in the state", doesn't that actually make YOU the braggart, Brian? Hmm? And what's with calling this conversation a fight, hmm?

I'm calling you out, Brian. I think you're an instigator. I think you're the reason we have violence in our schools. Shame on you.

*** Of course, if you read me or know me at all, you should hopefully understand that I am merely ruminating on the song that was playing in my head upon awaking this morning. I don't REALLY believe Brian Wilson, nor his lyrics, are the root of violence in our schools. Movies like West Side Story are the root of violence in our schools. Obviously. Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously West Side Story - yes. This post makes me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, Holly. That's what I was going for. Thank you.

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.