You also know that my Birthday is coming up, right? Of course you do. I've blogged about it numerous times. I will have made my Spiritual Trip around our Sun in this Physical Meatsack I'm wearing FIFTY times, as of Friday. (I have, actually, already reached that number, but Friday is the anniversary of when Mommy pushed me outta my warm cocoon). FIFTY is a milestone, so I've got some homeowner friends, who love having people hang out in their backyard, hosting a milestone birthday "blowout" gathering of new friends and "old" in their backyard on Saturday. My only real job in the "planning" of this event was creating the event invite and making sure that there will be some guests to hang out with. Stephen and the other host-husband have been dealing with my 80's playlist. If we only listen to the thumbdrive of actual songs Stephen has loaded, we'll have more than 9 hours of music playing. If the other host-husband has Spotify stream the (Excel Spreadsheet that I created, listing the) Billboard Top 100 Songs from every year of the 1980's plus the year of my birth plus Every Number One on my Birthday, we'll have music to last a week. It's a lot of music. Music is done, man.
I made a list of shoulds that have been contributing to my Depression. I have, of late, and wherefore I know not, regained my mirth, completed many of these tasks, and I am actually looking forward to this weekend. I hope more people who are invited via the Facebook invite will see and open the invite soon, and RSVP to it as soon as they see it. A decent crowd has responded so far, but there are a lot of people in the Los Angeles area I'd love to spend some time with, one-on-one, in a fairly casual, 80's themed backyard party!
Three (Nine) Good Things:
- Hair is under control. Roots dyed, ends trimmed, appropriate places to shave shaved.
- Car is maintained. Oil change and wash. Not "detailed" but that's not what I was looking for. Recent registration renewal sticker applied (finally) to clean plate. Insurance maintained monthly. No tickets; no accidents; no negatives. Love my yellow Fit!
- Driver's License renewed. Made an appointment for today, at a DMV that was an easy but unfamiliar drive, 20 miles away. Got there 43 minutes before my appointment time; walked out with the temporary license (until they mail me the real dealio) with two minutes to spare before my appointment was to start!
- Wore makeup today, for #3. Just a little blush and mascara. Gettin' pretty tanned these days, so I'm hoping the pic we took will be worth the next 10 - 15 years (California renews by mail 2 times out of 3). Fingers crossed!
- Have been getting all my steps, despite the fact that the non-FitBit thingy doesn't recognize walking in the cold pool or every step I take when I'm dancing along to the 80's playlist! Yes, I got into the freezing cold pool today, and I walked in the shallow end for about an hour, wearing the thingy at my neck (because, ya know, not good to submerge it). Got the needed steps in after the cold pool.
- Allergies are ... meh. The other day? Not A Single Cough or Throat-Clearing. Today? No "coughing" but plenty of throat-clearing efforts. Dunno. Whatevs.
- Got my birthday check from Daddy (Thanks, Daddy!) and immediately got it deposited. Credit Union has finally joined the 21st Century and offers immediate Mobile Deposit of checks in my smartphone. Have not yet designated what I shall spend my Birthday Cash on. *shrugs* Spent $33 on my new license today. Had to be done. Spent $34 on the car the other day. Had to be done. *shrugs*
- Am on top of the work-search. Haven't booked anything since that really low-budget dealio last Monday (for which I haven't yet been paid; whaddup widdat?), but I've been a little "nervous" that I would suddenly get hired back at Warner Bros. just in time to not be able to take Saturday off. So I'll check in with HR again tomorrow, probably. And continue looking for all the industry work that I know is out there. And Saturday could be a networking party, for me or others, and since the homeowner-hosts are in the know, I know that no one will mind (that was a lot of the homonym "no" just now, no?).
- Got wine. No chocolate. Gonna make key lime pie ice cream sammiches for the party tomorrow. Might make a coconut cheesecake, too, if I feel inclined. For tonight, there's wine.