Thursday, July 16, 2015

An Attitude of Gratitude (in no particular order)

Six days of work last week equaled fat paycheck. For that, I am grateful.

Stephen's settling into his 8-hour days at his job, and from what I can tell, they mostly don't suck. For that, I am grateful.

Last night, my 6-hour shift turned into a nearly 10-hour shift. For that, I am grateful.

Today, I had my only day off this week, which meant I was able to sleep in and get in the pool later in the day, when the coolness of the water would be counteracted by warm sunlight. Los Angeles, baby. For that, I am grateful.

The last time I talked to Daddy, he sounded pretty good, in spite of the (sleep and dream) issues he's dealing with lately. For that, I am grateful.

Today, I caught up on a bunch of episodes of Mom. It's one of our sitcoms at Warner Bros., so it makes sense for me to catch up, especially since it's funny, and it stars 6-time Emmy-winner Allison Janney (with Anna Faris and at least a couple of great supporting actors). I think Mommy would like it, because of the actors and the subject matter. For that, I am grateful.

I've got an order in for the best pet odor/stain remover I'm aware of, and we'll be able to use it to correct some recent "accidents" of late by this time next week. For that, I am grateful.

Today, I also had time to do a little internetting and catching up with Stephanie and watching Her and Broken Flowers (both interestingly weird), as well as making a run to Trader Joe's for just a few essentials. Having the time to not rush through my day; for that, I am grateful.

Tomorrow, I work early. I like the early shift (really, I like every shift). For that, I am grateful.

We had a visit from a college buddy this week, and I was able to make a great pot of pasta, which we stretched out to our lunches through today. For that, I am grateful.

Saturday will be six days of work this week, which will equal fat paycheck. For that, I am grateful.

There's plenty of wine and chocolate in the fridge/freezer to allow us to wind down every night. For that, I am grateful.

My schedule next week is easily remembered, with my shifts being all in the 9-6 neighborhood. For that, I am grateful.

Today, I decided to blog about gratitude. That means I must be blessed. For that, I am grateful. :)

3 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed and for that I am grateful. :-)

    I know I need to write more, but it's just after midnight here and we've just walked into the house after a long week away visiting friends in Alaska and propping each other up on the leanin' side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly sure what that idiom means, but I like it.

      You came back and wrote something here, which means you're not gone completely from "our" world. For that, I am grateful.

      Delete
  2. Such a positive, uplifting message..makes me gratful for what i do have..not much but a job,pretty good health, a roof over my head etc. Happy for you..🐩❤🐣

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.