Wednesday, May 4, 2016

No, I wasn't "planning" on blogging today

But I've noticed a few interesting things recently. Okay, maybe they're only "interesting" to me. But Algeria, who just recently visited for the first time, a fairly large country at the top of the African Continent, has RE-visited again, within a WEEK. Yesterday, there was a two-hour period where I had more than 20 hits (I forget how many it was exactly, but I'm thinking it was something like 26) in a two-hour timeframe (what blogspot calls "now") from just the UK. That was more hits in that two-hour period than US or Canada. That shit doesn't happen, or at least not to me.

Also, a few of my "older" posts are being read, and Malaysia is back (again). I find that interesting.

Also, my most recent posts that hopefully made you think about the life you're living, have only been commented on by two of my "regular" readers. Do the rest of you want me to ignore the "big" questions and just get the eff back to selfies and pics of my furbabies and BTS stuff for when I'm on set?

Yes, this blog is essentially for me. But I also seem to have lost my former best-commenter or biggest fan, my sister, Inner Hippie. I'm not saying she'd deliberately desert me, but believe me, I notice who's visiting/commenting. I miss her feedback. We're not the most "in-touch" siblings, but we definitely have a connection.

Possibly with Mercury in retrograde (again, THANK YOU, Mercury, for always seeming to be in retrograde!), things that appear to be going on in MY life are also going on in the life of other regular readers, like Inner Hippie. Maybe we're both stepping into a depression. of sorts (Thanks, Mercury), and we don't really feel like dealing with "Big Picture" issues. Maybe all we want to do is drink cheap boxed wine. I know I certainly do. Well, I want to be working too, but that's something else entirely.

Sometimes there are words that just gotta spill out. Sorry if today's post hasn't been as fun or funny or inspirational as maybe you'd hoped. Let me know what you're hoping to read here. I'll try to fit your needs into my writing inspiration, because again, this is not just some daily journal. Fuck that. Let's talk about real shit. I'll start, and then you can comment.

FYI, two of my fingernails broke recently, including the freak pinkie nail, so here's tonight's selfie of the left hand. Yes, I gave the nails two coats. I haven't "tidied up" this particular manicure; I'm counting on sleep and hand-washing to perfect it.

16 comments:

  1. YAY, the nail broke. No more warped pinky pictures.

    Yeah, it's weird that you have so many people visit the site but no one posts. Maybe it's me. MAYBE I'M PAYING THEM OFF TO NOT POST SO I CAN HAVE THE COMMENTS SECTION ALL TO MYSELF!!! Or maybe I just annoy them so much they don't want to comment. But yeah, it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so mean about my pinkie nail, Lee. I'm tellin'. MOoooooooooooOOOOOOOm! At least it wasn't ever as gross as Tami (from Stranger). btw, your absence has been notably missed over there, FYI.

      Delete
    2. I posted over there on last Friday's weekly distractions. I may post again, you never know.

      Delete
    3. Everyone noticed your chicken pic, and commented on the lack of you. Did you COMMENT?

      Delete
  2. The comments between you guys (especially about the pinky nail)are very funny and I am looking forward to it every day. Keep it going please.Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, that's feedback; thanks, Elle. I'll do what I can. :D

      You realize, of course, that Lee and I have never met IRL? We've only gotten acquainted via blogs. What a world we live in!

      Delete
    2. In real life we would probably be mortal enemies. There would be mass destruction that would ensue. It's not a pretty picture.

      Delete
    3. It's not as pretty as my fingernails. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yep, I realized you guys have not met, it makes it even funnier. Love love love your blog and all the comments. Wouldn't it be interesting if these readers from around the world would leave comments here and kind of let you know what makes them come back and what they like about it.Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a blogger's dream, Elle. To interact with the readers. Thank You for commenting from time to time, and for This Comment.

      Delete
  4. Damn, I'm bad at analytics and stuff. I don't know how to tell where visitors are from. Just BTW, I find all your work talk super fascinating. That is something no one could ever say to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I open blogspot, the analytics are there. That's my opening page. It tells me "now", "today", "this week" "this month", and "all time" top ten locations that have hit me, top three outside sources (usually some twitter variants, but sometimes another blog, like yours), and a graph of all the device types and operating systems. If I were hosting this myself, I don't know how I'd ever find out any of that.

      I can give you all the work talk ya want, as long as I am blessed with work. ;)

      Delete
  5. I don't devote much time to social media any more. I see your blog posts in my "Must Read" section of Feedly and read them first. Then I read all the comments I haven't yet read. Then I run away. Your blogs continue to make me laugh or think or whatever your goal is. I'm pretty sure whatever your intent on any given blog post hits the mark with me. Sorry I haven't commented lately. Been very busy at work (yay!) and end up wiped by the time the hubs makes it through the door. I'm just not motivated by much. I accept your blame of Mercury in retrograde. Let's just leave it at Mercury's doorstep for the time being. I DO read ALL of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. Just know that you're missed. And yay for busy at work!

      Stupid Mercury, always being in retrograde, whatever that is. "Not motivated by much" definitely sounds like the shoreline of a depression lake. I feel ya there. Please take care of yourself, and if you need to reach out to anyone, know that I'm here.

      Delete
  6. Many kisses and such. There is much in the works. That is all. Life is definitely fine. And moving fast. And being slow as fuck. You know. Dichotomy, etc. This is what it is like once you reach that milestone you are striving to reach (and celebrate.) Hope your karaoke party is spectacular. The best milestone birthday gift of all happens to be - Knowledge. Comprehension. Acceptance.

    Guess what? I've reinstated our family book ministry out here in the wild west. Yup. Ordered a couple. Went to a memorial service. Gave one away. Tradition. Tradition!

    Love you sis. Maybe you will have as perfect a milestone celebration as I did. The secret is realizing that no one is a mind reader. I told hubs to create a party for me for that huge milestone. He did. The end. That's the main reason I had so much fun. I told him what I wanted. He made it happen.

    Love you baby sister. Chat at ya later. I hope your party is as fun for you as mine was for me. Can't believe you're finally joining me in the ranks. Muah. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself recommending the book here and there; I haven't given one out in ages.

      I don't think I need the milestone for Knowledge, Comprehension, or Acceptance, but I'm glad to know that you found them there.

      My party is being planned by more than just me, so that ensures its success. We have officially opted out of karaoke. It'll be 80's themed; a backyard gathering of friends who will become friends. Family would be great, but I get how unrealistic that is, so any "unexpected"guests will be pleasant surprises like R and Z were at yours.

      You said "fuck". Hurr hurr hurr. ;)

      Love ya like a sister. Hey! How 'bout that?

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.