Thursday, August 7, 2014

Big A-List Cast... in ten-minute increments?

I was blown away by the actors in "12 Years a Slave," but flabbergasted by how soon they'd leave the story!  It was deserving of all its nominations, but not a movie I'll watch again.  Even when it's finally "happy,' it ain't.  And given the subject matter and how far we've come with movie technology, I'm sure you understand what I mean when I say it's brutal.

In other news, Stephen had his first not-quite-five-hour shift tonight at Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies.  Since it was his first shift, and it ended after dark, and I was only home watching a movie, he asked me to pick him up.  No problem - gave me a chance to check out this awesome store!  When he's on the clock, he's not allowed to "assist" me (of course).  I think he'll end up getting a pretty decent discount, so we may be spoiling the furbabies sooner, rather than later.  Yay!

AND, I ran into a coupla different "old" friends today, neither of whom knew I was back before today!  (In fact, the second friend was out of the "we'd gone to North Carolina in the first place" loop!)

Interesting day today.  Gonna maybe "spec" an audience gig tomorrow - I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.