Sunday, November 23, 2014

Keep the positivity comin', kids. It's TOTALLY working!

Well, because I choose to see the positive side of things. I'd picked up a cashiering shift yesterday, which was my first so-f***ing-busy-weekend-day-that-I-don't-know-how-I-kept-up morning cashiering shift on a weekend. In the process of it, I lost twenty bucks in tips that I was owed, because when I finish my shift, I don't pull the tips out of the drawer and allow the drawer to be short. I pulled my tips out of the drawer after the drawer was balanced. According to my personal report, there should have been $20 more in that drawer, which should have been MINE from tipping on credit card orders. BLARGH.

So I left there in a fairly foul mood. But Stephen had prepared a surprise Thanksgiving meal for me, and when I got home, we carried it all over to Woodley, since this will be his first Thanksgiving without Flo. Had a lovely visit; determined to do more of that; went home via Trader Joe's because I was out of cereal AND

I wanted to pick up a nice "Thank You" card for the boss lady who had interviewed me at the dance studio. Didn't need one for the theme park interview(s), because that's a big corporate machine. But the dance studio is an individually-owned franchise, which makes the folks there more of a family. Found the appropriate card, checked out, and drove home.

Had gotten my schedule for this week at work, which only includes one cashiering shift (Monday morning, of course) and then Wednesday/Thursday morning "float" shifts to go with my standard Friday/Sunday morning "floats". Plenty of hours, sure, but probably not a lot of money to compensate all the work. So I'd already found someone to cover my actual Thanksgiving Day shift, just in case my cashier friend wanted to give up his shift for me OR in case I get hired elsewhere prior to it. Worst case scenario: I'm not working on Turkey Day. Boo Hoo.

GOT A PHONE CALL, either while enroute home or just as soon as we walked in the door. Boss lady at the dance studio either weeded through the hundreds of resumes she received or got overwhelmed by them, and seeing my test scores, decided to give up on a majority of the other candidates and start "Round Two" of interviews. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays, and they reopen their doors on Tuesdays at 1 p.m. My Interview 2.0 is at 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday.

I have your positive vibes and prayers to thank for that. And if she hires me on the spot, I'll use the "Thank You" card I bought to say good-bye to the restaurant.

Whaddya think? Sound like a "plan"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.