Thursday, January 14, 2016

I need to post SOMETHING, but...

I really wanted to watch at least one more screener today. I really wanted to post at least one more review today. I really wanted to keep up with my goal for the year of keeping up with posting once daily on my blog.

While, technically, this qualifies as a blog post, I really don't think it is.

I went to Central Casting this morning to do the twice-monthly visit-with-the-casting-directors thing, in the hopes that my work in the background of the film industry would pick <the fuck> up. I learned of Alan Rickman's passing while waiting in line. I think the thing that distracted me was that the person directly behind me in line had No. Fucking. Clue. who Alan Rickman was. GEEZ! You work in this industry, you should watch a fucking movie!

So my morning passed, and then my day passed, and I did some boring shit, like shop for groceries and filters for the kitties' water fountain, and attempt to get a better hands-on education regarding my new crochet hobby (more on that later).

... and then I got home. I ate, and I pulled all of the stitches out of my new scarf (no, it was only 1/6th what it will end up being) and restarted that, and then I. Turned. On. My. Computer. EVERYWHERE I looked, there were Alan Rickman posts! and Tweets! and Links! ... and in between the deluge of tears, I got to watch funny short videos, and recover, and crochet, and then I'd see another thing that would make my eyeballs hurt. I mean, seriously, right now, my eyeballs and eyelids HURT.

I honestly have no idea how to "end" this post without crying some more. Hope to see you on the "other side". In the meantime, as you've probably guessed, I'm drinking wine. I'll likely have chocolate soon, too, and then head to bed. Maybe. It's still early yet (not quite 8:00, my time).

2 comments:

  1. He is one of the few actors that I can say I loved him no matter what he did. Not that I've seen all of his work. But he was great in everything I've seen him in. This really hit me when I was at work yesterday as well. And I read that post from Daniel Radcliffe and it just showed me how great a man he really was. RIP Alan Rickman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the Daniel Radcliffe post.It's probably lurking in my newsfeed; haven't been on Facebook yet today (as a safety measure). I'm sure I'll see it soon enough.

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.