Tuesday, January 5, 2016

What did YOU do today?

I went to bed at a "reasonable" hour last night (11-ish). This is what my TODAY looked like:


  • 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. (I mean, really, without actually opening your eyes and focusing on the clock, who the fuck knows what time it really was?) - I pound three times on the bedroom wall and shout "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" at the neighbors, who are having another fight in their bedroom, and have awakened me again. Yeah, I'm sure the pounding on the wall may have done the trick, but I was asleep, so are you going to hold the obscenities against me? Possibly the other occupants of this particular apartment may hold it against me; after all, I didn't check to see if the screaming awakened anyone other than me. Sorry, kids.
  • 6:29 a.m. - my "preliminary" alarm goes off. I shut it down, which really only snoozes it, which means I know the real thing's happening in a minute.
  • 6:30 a.m. - the first real alarm goes off, and I awaken enough to shut it down for good. I have nowhere to be today, so my plan is to sleep in long enough to see if they need me at Warner Bros.
  • 6:30 - 9:30 a.m. - it RAINS in Los Angeles, kids. Enough to get me sleepin' in but good.
  • 10:45-ish a.m. - Stephen heads into the bedroom to let me know he's heading out for work (because of the rain), so I make him wait five minutes to see if I can't schedule a recall appointment for my car at the dealership, and thus have a reason to drive him in. They don't have the needed part in stock, so he leaves, and I go back to doing whatever online crap my phone will allow while I linger in the comfy bed. The cats are keeping me company, so my life so far this morning is pretty good, other than the noisy-neighbors incident.
  • 1:00 p.m. - I finally drag my ass outta bed to stuff cereal down my gullet and re-load the dishwasher. Stephen's already told me that it's ready to run, but that he wasn't running it because I "like to reload it". No, honey, I'm sorry, I do NOT "like" to reload it. I'm just better at loading it the first time than you are. I eat my cereal, run the dishwasher, and open my laptop (while my phone is charging in the other room).
  • 2:00-ish p.m. - laptop's about outta juice, so I turn on the t.v. and look in the dvr. Oooh - there's Spiderman 2; I can watch that without doing "anything else". After that was over, I checked the mail (nothing good), and came back to two episodes of "Telenovela". It's so silly stupid and looks like so much fun, and I would really love to book a day or twelve on set. So I sent a quick email to my service to see if they can't get me on at any point. There are one or two blondes I could stand in for, or I could easily be a blonde Miami tourist in one of the peripheral scenes. Whatevs. 
  • 6:30-ish p.m. - laptop's got juice again, but I'm not quite ready to give up just chillin' on the couch, so I watch "Horrible Bosses 2". I know it'll probably still be on by the time Stephen gets home, but I'll keep it in the queue for when he's ready (as I do all of the stuff I watch without him, JIC), and I discover that it's actually Pretty. Damn. Funny. (whether you actually remember the finer details of the first film or not - I don't).
  • 8:55 p.m. - Stephen walks in the door, on the phone, and since my movie's still on, he heads into the bedroom to finish his convo while I finish my movie. He notices when I turn mine off and pokes his head out, JIC, to make sure that mine is actually over and I haven't turned it off on his account. Thanks, honey. His phone call ends shortly thereafter, and we settle down to watch another episode of Gilmore Girls. Unfortunately, I'm now in the middle of blogging, which means I can't devote any attention to it, even though he's saying things like "Oh, My." and "Wow." and "Uh-oh".
  • 9:45 p.m. - wrappin' this up so I can watch season 7 in peace. Did you know that Netflix is bringing us Four. More. 90. Minute. Episodes. this spring? I'm so excited. I never watched this show before I started at Warner Bros., and it is my current "favorite". Back in the day, I had no interest. Who knew?
...so I'm finishing up My day, and asking you What have you done that was of any interest today, or are you still (like me) in something of a "holiday" mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.