Sunday, April 10, 2016

WILLING myself to get BETTER

It's Day Three of being sick, kids. I've been dealing with that low-grade fever, hot and cold sweats, and sleeping my days away for the last three days. I'm tired of it. It was depressing, and I'm done with it.

So I'm willing myself to get better. Yeah, I know, I know. Just the other day I said something about willpower being for shit. Still.

So I got up and took a shower. Washed my hair! Combed it, even! And then collapsed on the bathroom floor, because I hadn't yet consumed enough calories to offset the hot steam making me dizzy. Went back to bed, but not to sleep. Just to be horizontal.

Later, I hung out on the couch. Stephen started to play some Rock Band, and since I'd consumed enough calories by then, I figured I could play a little, too. Hooked up the drums; proceeded to play worse than I've ever played. I dunno why, I didn't feel dizzy, but there's a chance my inner ear's a little fucked up. So I disconnected, and Stephen finished up.

Then he went to take a little nap before he had to head out to work this evening for a mandatory meeting (on his day off!)... and while he napped in the bedroom, I napped on the couch. I'm gettin' plenty of sleep these days, that's for damn sure!

After he left for work, I checked my temperature. 99.9ยบ, close enough for a venture out into the world! So I headed downstairs; not even a teensy bit dizzy. Got in the car and drove to the bank, so I could deposit a paycheck. Got back to the car and drove over to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things that we absolutely needed. I didn't cough on anyone (I kept my distance from all humans) or get remotely dizzy while I was out in the world. I didn't carry anything too heavy, and I came back in from my two errands feeling fantastic!
I don't even look sick. Amazing how hygiene can contribute to your outlook!
So I'm willing myself to get better. I took my temp again, once I got home and settled in, and it wasn't too high. I'll take it again before I go to bed, but my plan for tomorrow is to get up out of bed at 7:30 and live my damn life the way I'm used to! Let the non-FitBit thingy yell at me for insufficient steps the past three days. I don't care. I'm tired of being sick. I'm done.

Whaddya gotta say about THAT, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.