Wednesday, July 23, 2014

PLENTY accomplished today

For starters, there's fresh coconut ice cream in the freezer, almost ready for consumption! (It WAS 90 degrees today, so don't judge me)

Stephen made chicken and squash on the George Forman grill, with a side of spinach.  MMMMM...

Prior to that, there were a lot of job websites visited, job applications completed, job phone calls placed.

I went for a swim.  Well, really, I tread water so slowly that to others watching me, I'm "meditating" or "peaceful."  It is exercise, because I'm not just floating to keep my head above water.  I am working.  But the neighbors verbally "envy" my state of peace.  I always invite them to join me, but I think too many folks are either afraid of the cold water, or afraid of the water in general.  One neighbor did make a phone call yesterday, and now the gate is unlocked on both ends, not just the end that's convenient to the resident who holds the key. {I mean, what's that about? We're in a controlled-access building, so why does one resident control when and from which direction the rest may access the pool?}

I did not nap today!  Even though I was awakened by Stephen's leg cramp at some ungodly 6-ish hour this morning (he was moaning on the floor, trying not to wake me, and would not allow me to assist him in any way), and then got up in the slightly-less ungodly 7-ish hour.

Stephen wrote.  This is always a good thing.  I don't measure his "success" by how much he writes; I'm happy when he writes, because he's happy when he writes.  And he's been writing daily.  I'm just mentioning it today.

I did a good bit online and on the phone regarding all things insurance.  We have probably 30 days from our move to get the California auto and renters policies in place; 60 days to enroll in California's health insurance plan; need to change my address on my life insurance policy, and that one can't be done online (why not, I wonder?).

We discussed building/installing our next round of bookshelves in the bedroom.  I'm not quite ready to go buy the lumber, which is why I made ice cream.  And that is the full circle of our day.

10 comments:

  1. And a very satisfying day, too. That sounds both productive and restful at the same time. How did you do that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm HOME, Baby! How could I NOT do that? :)

      YOU started your new job today, dincha? Maybe you could blog about it (and all your moving and stuff, and how "going raw" didn't quite work) - I know you've got plenty of stories to tell!

      Delete
    2. I keep coming back to my blog, in my head, anyway. I write and discard articles/posts with great abandon. I also have a children's book (still in my head) based on a vivid dream I had a few months back. Brian was helping me flesh it out, but I put it on the back burner. I really need to get the dream details down somewhere so that it doesn't fade completely. :-)

      Delete
    3. I recommend VISITING your blog, and getting those dream details down as a blog DRAFT. Two birds? DEAD - one stone.

      Delete
  2. Still jealous of that pool!! Sounds like you did get a lot done, I love days like that. Two naps for me today, I 'm afraid - so not much of a productive one here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naps are good. Just ask me. My sister (the blogger above) fears that they may be a symptom of depression, but I've always found naps to be just the ticket for most anything. :-)

      Delete
    2. Don't ever equate napping with a lack of productivity - if you break down "all I did today" as I have lately done, you may find yourself feeling QUITE productive, even (or sometimes "especially") with two naps! Maybe you were taking one for me! ;)

      Just got out of the pool today, and discovered that "my" gate is back to being locked. One phone call = one day's worth of effort, I guess. Sigh.

      Delete
    3. I don't "fear" that naps are a symptom of depression, Cheryl. I know the wondrous amazingness of naps. I also know that WHEN I AM DEPRESSED, I sleep more, particularly during the day, because that's where the "nest" is. Those naps are not particularly wondrous or amazing. But then again, neither is depression. ;)

      Delete
    4. Well hopefully tomorrow I will have a more productive day because I took the time to rest today!

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.