Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Birthday, Inner Hippie!

Yeah, I probably should have blogged this This Morning, but I was a little busy, what with trying to get to the Bros early enough to work out my scheduling issue, do tours, and then get to set on time for my "double shift". Cheryl probably doesn't mind, since she got plenty of Facebook love and in-person accolades from co-workers, plus emails and phone calls and probably Instagrams, Snapchats, and Tweets she's completely unaware of. I called her; we had a nice chat. She's my big sister, and I love her. I hope she had a great birthday, since they only come once a year.

In other news, It Is Official. I had my "exit interview", which went pretty well. I'll have three tours tomorrow, and then I'll collect my pay for my final week, once I drop off all my uniforms, badges, and keys (lotsa stuff to return). It has definitely been a good run, and I will definitely miss my peeps. I'm grateful for the training, the job, the experience, the friendships, and the pay. It was very much a Good Thing, right when I really needed it. And because I'm leaving on Good Terms, I can always reapply when the industry slows enough for me to need another full-time gig, even if it's just for a "season". Next go 'round, though, I'll probably claim Single Zero on my tax forms to make sure they take enough out of both Federal and State. For whatever reason, we're just not getting back as much refund as we'd hoped, and we'll actually owe a ten-spot or so to California. What the what?

Ennyhoo. On to the Next Chapter!

Three Good Things:

  1. Warner Bros.
  2. Central Casting
  3. Inner Hippie
  4. Stephen
  5. Family
  6. Friends
  7. Work, in general
  8. Nice weather
  9. Time to watch movies
  10. Knitting and crochet
  11. Sleeping in
  12. Hot baths
  13. Hot tea
  14. Waking up breathing
I think that's enough, don't you? What did I miss?

6 comments:

  1. AND it's many more than three. Thank you for the birthday wishes and for including me in your list of good things. You're the best sister a girl could ever dream of having. Muah. XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh..."Lee reading my blog" should be in there. I am after all...Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D

      Thank you for catching that miss, Lee. I haven't heard from you for a few posts, so I don't know if you're still there reading my blog. I only get to see country visits, not specific reader URLs.

      Delete
    2. I missed a few days due to sickness running through our household last week and had to watch the kiddies while they were at home.

      Delete
    3. I'm guessing that means everyone is back at full strength. Welcome back!

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.