Monday, February 8, 2016

Three Good Things (Day Two)


  1. Arose from bed at a leisurely 8 a.m. this morning. Stephen had arrived at work on time but there was no keyholder there to open the store, so he called me to make sure he was supposed to be there, and to find out which manager was supposed to open. His call did not awaken me; I had slept sufficiently through the night and had just not gotten out of the cozy yet.
  2. Got my laundry done pretty early, as well. My favorite washer and dryer were not in use, and I had enough quarters to also strip the bed of its linens and wash the cat hair and cat litter (that gets tracked on all of our paws!) away.
  3. Opened up the house to let in the 88ยบ day. Glorious, sunny, breezy, beautiful! Everyone I encountered (neighbors and the mail lady and folks at the bank, etc.) had to comment something to the effect of "it's so hot today!" Wah. Boo Hoo. Get over it, ya sissies! I love the warm days. Yeah, it's probably Global Warming comin' ta git me, but I really don't care. And yes, I am all congested, coughy, and sniffly, now that the sun's gone down. It's still warm out, but my allergies love to kick in for overnight fundom.
This was an easy three today. I would like to post gratitude for a day on set one of these days. That'd be awesome.

10 comments:

  1. I think you and your husband should adopt me and I will come live with you in Burbank so that I can see what the sun looks like.

    ...Ok we actually have some sun today, but I can't remember what grass and trees look like when they're green. So...there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How will your wife feel about you being adopted by foreigners?

      Also, our place is tiny.

      Also, we're not really in a position to adopt a child yet; much less a grown man!

      Sorry, Lee. You might have to put up with the frozen north for a bit longer.

      Delete
    2. Wow...I can't say I'm not hurt. I mean, you know...ow.

      Just wait until you want to come up to Canada. Ok, so you won't be coming to my city...but still...

      SO MUCH FOR ME CALLING YOU MOM NOW!!!

      Delete
    3. Whew! Dodged THAT bullet! ;)

      I really don't want ANYONE calling me "Mom" at this point in my life. I'm great at Auntie.

      And I have been to Canada, when I was a child. I have no reason to return EVER in cold, frozen months. Not EVER. It's nothing personal, Lee, m'boy. I just live in LA for many reasons, not the least of which is climate.

      Delete
    4. I'm going to start calling you Auntie Emelle on Eli's board. :D

      Delete
  2. Cat litter really does get everywhere, I hate it! We use the laundromat too and it is a good feeling to have enough quarters to just be able to wash everything in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cats regress from their toilet training every time we move. We have one last move, I think, and then maybe we can re-train them, and be done with litter FOREVER!

      Delete
    2. Same here. We got two kittens last year, brother and sister, and we even got the one with the high sides, and they stick kick the litter onto the floor.

      Delete
    3. I highly recommend toilet training, because you could probably use a 55-gallon drum as a litter box, and they'll STILL manage to track litter throughout the house!

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.