Sunday, February 7, 2016

Three Good Things (Day One)

  1. My credit (FICO) score is climbing. Apparently, since getting my first credit card in college, auto loans along the way, bankruptcy with the ex-husband, and Mommy & Daddy listing me as an "authorized user" on one of their older cards back in the day, I've gained an education in managing my finances over the years. I am happy to report that I currently have a healthy relationship with money and my creditors.
  2. Glorious, sunny, windy Eight-Zero Degrees (80ºF!) at 5:45 p.m. W00t! What this means, really and truly, is probably that my allergies are going to come back, with a vengeance, just as I was getting over them, again. Seriously, I would love to last through a solid week without any residual coughing or congestion. Honestly don't see that happening until our early Spring. I don't care. I will deal with my stupid allergies for as long as I have to, if I get more glorious, sunny, windy 80º days.
  3. Stephen's soup is delicious. He really has gotten great with the crockpot cooking. What this means is that I am blessed to get to eat good food that's well made. Yay!

4. Had a couple of tours today that could have been less-than-ideal. Both times, before the scheduled tour times, I was informed of the less-than-ideal conditions, and then, just as the tours were supposed to go, I was informed of the "change in plans". I love it when I don't have to make arrangements to improve less-than-ideal conditions. Both tours were pretty good, so I had a lovely (glorious, sunny, 80+º) day on tour. It wasn't windy until I got home.

Yeah, I know I said I would try posting THREE good things daily. It's my blog; I'll post more than three if I feel like it!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to build my credit history rating - I currently do not have one in Canada and I could really do with making one by getting a small credit card or something. We have tried to add my name to the bills but the companies never actually do it grr, but maybe we can put some of them in my name when we move to the new house or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the States, the easiest way to create and build a good credit history is to get a car loan. After about a year of making timely payments, we start getting credit card offers in the mail.

      If it works the same way in Canada, I know you guys just bought a car, so what you might consider doing is trading that one at a dealership so you can get an affordable loan on a slightly better car. It's a start!

      Also, sign up with credit karma and follow their advice (don't necessarily apply for loans or cards, but there is advice on building your credit score).

      Delete

I LOVE your feedback; give it to me, Baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh.