And now for the Three Good Things for today:
- I had a long, luxurious soak in the tub today. I'd cleaned the tub the other day, and yesterday, when I did my laundry, I also washed the shower curtain. Not that I needed the shower curtain for a bath, but it was so nice to be able to get a clean curtain out of my way. You would think that shower curtains would never get dirty or slimy or whatever it is that they get. Why aren't showers self-cleaning? That's what I wanna know. Whatevs. I had a lovely long aromatherapy soak today.
- I made myself a salmon melt for lunch. It's kinda like a tuna melt, but I used canned salmon instead. It's been a long time since I've had a tuna melt. Longer since I made one for myself. It tasted pretty darn good, and I have enough salmon "salad" left in the fridge for another one tomorrow. I love fish. I love easy-to-prepare, healthy food. I love being able to "toast" a salmon melt in my George Forman grill (because it's already too warm out to turn on the oven).
- I went to Jo-Ann today to either exchange the yarn I had or to get a new set of crochet hooks, because the hooks I had been using were too large for the most recent yarn. While at Jo-Ann, I was able to sit on the floor with the appropriate sized hooks and demonstrate my new crochet skills for another customer who only knits. We had a good time, and I ended up getting the new hooks, so I could
- get started on Emily's Moebius Scarflet. I had bought enough yarn to be able to make a matched pair for her and my niece, Natalie, but the hooks I had were just too big to work with it. So I was really happy to get it going. It's about an inch long at this point. It's super-cute, so far. Funny how I still even have any desire to crochet these days, considering
- 80+º days we're having. OMG, I love being barefoot and wearing tank tops or camisoles! Sorry if you're still stuck in the frozen wasteland of wherever you're stuck. Also, this weather is really and truly awesome in the daytime, but as soon as the sun goes down, I still get congested and start coughing like (there'll be) no tomorrow. Allergies suck. But I'd rather have them with this weather than with the cold and damp, for sure.
- I might get to go to work tomorrow. I'm still on the availability list for background gig rush calls, but I've already text-chatted with a Warner Bros. friend who was checking to see if I wanted his shift. So if I don't get rush-called to set, I'll call in to the Bros. to see if they need me.
I realize I posted SIX positive things about my day today. So what? Three's just the minimum. What Three Good Things happened to YOU today?